A Christmas Carol
December 2017 / January 2018 / Windsor Castle
This December and January be transported into the world of Dickens's A Christmas Carol as you accompany Ebenezer Scrooge from the Castle gates to the Waterloo Chamber where Jacob Marley awaits to conjure his famous haunting dreams of Christmas Past, Present and Yet to Come. After a seated performance with action taking place all around, follow Scrooge into St George's Hall to celebrate his new found festive spirit beneath the breathtaking Christmas tree.
Experience Dickens' classic story in his own words with live music and immersive elements.
The production, which runs for 12 nights only by special permission of Her Majesty The Queen, will bring to life the magic and charm of this enduringly popular Christmas story.
This unique production is part of Royal Collection Trust’s Victorian Christmas programme of events. You could say Windsor Castle is the home of Christmas as we know it. Many of our favourite traditions were introduced by Queen Victoria, who looked upon Christmas as 'a most dear happy time'. We invite you to come and experience the same.
John Kay Steel
Jeremy Hamway Bidgood
With Special Thanks to - Angels for supplying the costumes & costumier Sophie Noakes, Hair & Makeup Nicky Weir
- This production is suitable for ages 7 and over.
- The performance starts at 19:00, but please arrive at the Admission Centre at Windsor Castle by 18:40 at the latest to allow time to go through security checks and walk up to the State Apartments from the Admission Centre.
- The Admission Centre will open at 18:00.
- Please note, due to the unique location of the performances, latecomers cannot be admitted.
- The performance will be seated with action taking place all around in the Waterloo Chamber. The audience will walk into St George's Hall for the final scene.
- All seats are unallocated. A number of large cushions will be available in the front row for some children to sit on.
- Mobile phones must be left in the secure cloakroom.
- There will be an interval of approximately 20 minutes, where refreshments will be available.
- Food and drink cannot be consumed in the State Apartments, except for those served in the Guard Chamber and the Grand Vestibule during the interval.
- Please note, filming may take place on the following dates: 20-23 December - final date to be confirmed.
For access requirements, please call +44 (0)303 123 7324
Photography by Royal Collection Trust / © Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2017